Wednesday, April 21, 2010


I’ve given a short listen to the new 65daysofstatic and it’s still definitely no One Time for All Time, but it seems to be acknowledging that there past LP and few EP’s have been really disappointing. Maybe this is just my infantile brain trying to understand electronic music, but they’ve really been slacking and I think it’s because One Time for All Time is just completely the epitome of epic. However, We Were Exploding Anyway (2010) does try to gain that archetype again, and they even added Robert Smith from The Cure to one of their songs. I think I just really miss the fact that a lot of guitars were driven with the beats in OTFAT, while their newest record seems to be filling that void with more beats, and more synth. At least their cover art is unbelievable. My favorite of 2010 so far (artwork wise). Help me out on this…

No comments:

Post a Comment